231 Front Street, Lahaina, HI 96761 info@givingpress.com 808.123.4567

Surakarta deputy mayor tests positive for COVID-19, tested shortly after meeting Jokowi

first_imgThe deputy mayor of Surakarta in Central Java, Achmad Purnomo, has contracted COVID-19, a city administration official has confirmed, as a swab test he took shortly after meeting President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo in Jakarta has come back positive for the coronavirus.City administration secretary Ahyani confirmed the test results, which came out on Thursday after the deputy mayor was tested last Saturday.”[The deputy mayor is now in] self-isolation,” Ahyani said as quoted by kompas.com on Friday. Ahyani, who is also the head of Surakarta’s COVID-19 task force, said the team would trace the deputy mayor’s contacts to identify other individuals that might have been exposed to the disease.On July 16, Achmad met with Jokowi at the State Palace in Central Jakarta, during which, the latter claimed, the two discussed the state and development of the city, which is the President’s hometown.The day after the meeting in Jakarta, Achmad took a swab sample to be tested for COVID-19 and the result came in negative. He then took another test the following day, which showed a positive result.Surakarta Mayor FX Hadi Rudyatmo said he would also take COVID-19 swab test after finding that Achmad had been infected.Separately, Presidential Secretariat head Heru Budi Hartono said Jokowi would immediately take the COVID-19 test following the announcement from Surakarta.“The President and all of his aides routinely take swab tests. For the specific case relating to the Surakarta deputy mayor, I think he will take the test sooner than [usually scheduled] after hearing that [Achmad] has tested positive,” Heru said on Friday.He added that the Presidential Palace applied strict health protocols for all visitors and gave an assurance that the palace was “sterile”. (mfp/mrc)Topics :last_img read more

CMPort to Buy 50 Pct Stake in Newcastle Port

first_imgHong Kong’s China Merchants Port Holdings Company Limited (CMPort) plans to acquire a 50% stake in Australian Port of Newcastle for AUD 607.5 million (USD 477.7 million).The company inked an agreement to buy the interest from China Merchants Union (BVI) Limited (CMU) and Gold Newcastle Property Holding.The Port of Newcastle is currently 50% owned by CMU and its subsidiary Gold Newcastle.The remaining 50% stake in the port is held by TIF Investment Trust.With this move, CMPort said it intends to expand global footprint to Oceania, leverage on land resources to capture development upside and provide a financial return.The Port of Newcastle is the largest port on the east coast of Australia and one of the world’s leading coal export ports. It consists of four port zones, including 21 berths with a total design capacity of 211 million tons. In the year 2016, it handled bulk cargo volume of 167 million tons, of which 161 million tons are generated from coal export.last_img read more

India approves Praxair-Linde merger

first_imgFor illustration purposes only (Image courtesy of Linde)The Competition Commission of India (CCI) on Friday approved the proposed merger of industrial gases giants Linde and Praxair.“CCI India approves combination of Linde and Praxair, subject to compliance of certain modifications,” the regulator said in a tweet.As previously disclosed, Both Linde and Praxair would hold approximately 50 percent of the new holding company that will adopt the Linde name and have a market value in excess of $65 billion.The combined company would be governed by a single board of directors with equal representation from Linde and Praxair.In a statement on Friday, Linde and Praxair said that the combination remains subject to timely approval by requisite government regulators and authorities under applicable competition laws.last_img read more

£60m forward Traore placed on top of Klopp’s transfer wishlist

first_img Liverpool are missing out on millions in matchday revenue and have the threat of a TV hit too. The Anfield club badly need the season to finish with just two wins needed to confirm their title and avoid any further damage. Klopp could finance a move for Traore by selling a fringe man or two but that is unlikely to raise enough cash. read also:Adama Traore open to Wolves exit If striker Mo Salah left it would bring in funds but that exit is clearly not currently part of the ­Liverpool masterplan for next season Klopp will keep his ­fingers crossed that the season is completed and he can add the threat of Traore to his attack options which include Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Liverpool boss, Jurgen Klopp, is aspiring to lure Wolves speed machine, Adama Traore to join his champions-elect. Klopp has the powerful £60million-rated wideman at the top of his summer hitlist as he looks for a squad upgrade and to ease pressure on his front three. Traore, 24, has been a sensation under Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santo this season and has terrorised defences with his pace and improved use of the ball. Wolves, who have used him at wing-back and in more attacking positions, would want more than £60m for the former ­Barcelona kid – who has also reportedly attracted interest from Manchester United and Man City. Traore joined Wolves in August 2018 for under £20m from Middlesbrough but his recent displays will see that price rocket. That will stretch the Kop coffers to the limit as they feel the pain of losses during the pandemic.Advertisement Promoted Content5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?Couples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayTake A Look At The Celebs Who Lost Their Money And WhyWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?What Is A Black Hole In Simple Terms?Boys Deserve More Than Action-Hero Role ModelsTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World? Loading… last_img read more

Betty Jean Robbins

first_imgBetty Jean Robbins, age 93 of Batesville, Indiana passed away on Wednesday, February 5, 2020 in Fort Wayne, Indiana.She is the daughter of the late Jesse Ray & Addie (nee: Lewis) Osborn born in Ripley County, Indiana on December 19, 1926. In 1944 she graduated from Napoleon High School. Betty married Roy Robbins on September 20, 1947 in Versailles, IN who preceded her in death in February 1999.She is survived by son, Mike (Bonnie) Robbins; daughters, Linda (John) Eager, Janet (Dennis) Eger and Sandy (Doug) Young; along with 6 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren.In addition to her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by her sister, Thelma Eaton.Betty enjoyed the hard work that came with being a farmer. She loved being outdoors and could usually be found out gardening or enjoying the sun.  Betty liked spending her time bird watching, fishing and going camping too.Visitation will be from 4-7pm on Monday, February 10th with Funeral Services at 10:00am on Tuesday, February 11, 2020 all at Meyers Funeral Home. Burial to follow at Saint John Lutheran Church Cemetery in Napoleon, IN.All memorials may be made to the Sandcreek Baptist Church c/o the funeral home.  Online condolences www.meyersfuneralhomes.com.last_img read more

Sherwood would give youth a chance

first_img Press Association His next test will come away at Southampton as he looks to improve Tottenham’s standing in the Barclays Premier League, with the pre-season top-four contenders currently sitting seventh. A positive result at St Mary’s would certainly strengthen Sherwood’s application to succeed Villas-Boas and, if the former Blackburn skipper is successful, he intends to tap into his knowledge of the youth players at the club following his developmental role with Spurs. With seven big-money summer signings meaning even fewer opportunities for young players to break through, Sherwood would be keen to alter that trend. “If something happened on a longer term with me it would be addressed,” he said. “The last thing we would want to do is stunt their growth because there are some top young players down there ready to step up. “You want to keep them [young players] at your club, you have worked hard since they were eight years of age and you were bringing them through, but they can’t all stay. “Sometimes the manager and the board have to make a decision to bring in what they perceive is extra quality and if you make that decision you have to live and die by it.” Southampton have enjoyed a good start to the season and sit just three points behind Spurs in the table, with their manager Mauricio Pochettino finding himself linked to the vacancy at White Hart Lane. The 44-year-old has been placed in temporary charge of Spurs following the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas on Monday, less than 24 hours after Liverpool romped to a 5-0 victory in north London. His first game in charge saw Spurs lose 2-1 at home to rivals West Ham in the Capital One Cup quarter-finals on Wednesday evening. But the Argentinian has seemingly ruled himself out of the running before entertaining Sherwood’s side on Sunday, with the former England international aware of the threat Pochettino’s side will pose. “Nigel Adkins was doing a good job before him and it was a surprise to everyone that he left the club, but that shows you the nature of football,” he added. “Pochettino has gone in and it seems like he has taken them on, but it is still early days for him. It will be a very tough game for us down there. “We know what to expect from Southampton, he has got his team playing a very high, pressed game with a quick tempo and lots of young, English players down there.” Defender Kyle Walker echoed Sherwood’s comments, but believes a positive result on the south coast could set Spurs up for a bumper points haul over the busy festive period. “Southampton have a lot of quality players and a few have been called into the England squad,” he told the club’s official website. “It will be tough but if we play like we did in the first hour against West Ham, with the same enthusiasm and desire, getting the ball in the box and getting shots off, why can’t we go there and win? “I remember last year we went on a good run at Christmas, so why not do the same this Christmas?” Sherwood will be buoyed by the return from suspension of skipper Michael Dawson, but is still without fellow defenders Jan Vertonghen and Younes Kaboul as well as Paulinho, while winger Andros Townsend is also missing through injury. Interim manager Tim Sherwood will make it his personal aim to blood more of Tottenham’s youngsters in the first team if he is appointed on a permanent basis.last_img read more

Milner marvels at Coutinho mastery

first_img Milner, signed on a free transfer from City, said: “The boys showed great character. It is never an easy place to come, especially first game of the season. Any time you can walk away with three points from here is a great result. “I think we have got a lot of quality going forward but I think a lot of credit goes to the whole team. I think the boys at the back were brilliant.” Stoke were unfortunate not to take at least a point from the game and will find encouraging signs when they analyse their performance. On-loan Chelsea midfielder Van Ginkel, who looked composed on debut, said: “I think especially in the first half we did well, we created some chances. “In the last six minutes they scored a wonderful goal but I think we deserved more. “We lost but hopefully we can win a lot of games. The quality is there in the team. We have to work hard and the focus is on Tottenham now.” Coutinho struck from 30 yards with just four minutes remaining as the Reds snatched a 1-0 victory from an otherwise drab contest at the Britannia Stadium. It was yet another example of the 23-year-old’s deadly accuracy from long range after striking a number from distance last season. James Milner was pleased to be on the right side of a Philippe Coutinho stunner as the Brazilian launched Liverpool’s Premier League season in spectacular fashion at Stoke. One of those goals last term was a brilliant winner from the edge of the box against Milner’s former club Manchester City at Anfield in March – opponents he also sank the previous year. Milner told LFC TV: “I obviously saw him do it a few times last year so to do it when he is on my team is nicer. “That is what the game needed. It was a tough game, it was a battle. I thought we defended really well and it was going to take a moment of brilliance to win the game and we managed to get that.” Until Coutinho’s late intervention, the game appeared to be drifting towards a goalless draw. Both sides struggled to create opportunities although Stoke had threatened to finish with a flourish as Marco van Ginkel had a shot blocked by Martin Skrtel and Mame Biram Diouf headed narrowly wide. Coutinho, whose previous effort moments earlier had flown well over the bar, then took charge with a run and strike that helped bury memories of Liverpool’s nightmare 6-1 thrashing on the same ground in May. It was not a pretty performance but, after a difficult summer, that was less important than the result. Manager Brendan Rodgers needs to stabilise the team after the high-profile losses of Raheem Sterling and Steven Gerrard, changes to the backroom staff and arrival of six new players. The biggest positive was the performance of the back four, with centre-backs Dejan Lovren and Skrtel looking solid and new signings Nathaniel Clyne and Joe Gomez starting strongly. Press Associationlast_img read more

Emu apprehended in St. Lucie County

first_imgDeputies apprehended an emu eating breakfast along the side of a Florida road on Friday.The department confirmed via Facebook “that deputies were able to secure the elusive avian and safely reunite it with the owner.”“No deputies or Emus were harmed or injured,” said The SLCSO.last_img

Babaganaru Plays Down Speculations of Being under Pressure

first_imgIn Lokoja on Match day 4, he wore a mournful look after his charges were beaten 2-0 by Niger Tornadoes in the midweek fixture and it was their second defeat in four matches of the season in which they have won and drawn one game each .Babaganaru admitted it feels sad to go down in a game the way his squad did but quickly stressed that he is not under any form of pressure to better the team’s performance of last season which fetched them a CAF Confederation Cup ticket.“We did not do enough today but live goes on”, the former Kano Pillars gaffer yelled out to www.npfl.ng. “The NPFL is a marathon race, not a 100m sprint. We have gone four games now and there are still 34 to go. We keep on working hard and improving on areas of deficiency in the team and hopefully we will get back into our strides”.A comfortable 3-1 win against FC IfeanyiUbah on Match day 5 catapulted Wikki from 18th place to 8th, a reflection of the tight race in the NPFL in which a dropped point can see a side careen from top to mid table.Babaganaru was quick to dismiss any suggestion that he is under pressure to surpass the achievements of his predecessor.“It is important for us to continue to work hard and get results. But I don’t think it is proper to insinuate that I’m under pressure to replicate or surpass my predecessor’s achievement here.“No doubt they did well last season to earn the club a continental ticket by finishing in third place. We can only work hard for improvement, not an obsession to match or surpass my predecessor’s achievement. I’ve won the league title elsewhere, at Kano Pillars to be precise. So chasing a third best record shouldn’t be the yardstick”.Babaganaru would go on to commend the League Management Company (LMC) for getting the 2016/2017 domestic top flight season underway early, saying such competitive league games are serving as good preparation for teams representing Nigeria in CAF’s club competitions this year.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram NPFL…NPFL…NPFL…Mohammed Babaganaru had arrived Bauchi before the start of the season to fill a huge gap created by the departure of Abdu Maikaba who had led Wikki Tourists to two seasons of top four finishing. Maikaba’s departure stunned analysts who were surprised that he was leaving a continental-bound side for Akwa United.Babaganaru, who was coming from Kano Pillars had endured two seasons of leading the former champions to barren runs and may have been a candidate for the boot. After five fixtures, it is looking like he is finding Maikaba’s results a mountain to climb. But it is still early days in the season.last_img read more

BetLion forms alliance with Incentive Games targeting new African appeal

first_img BtoBet integrates Incentive Games content July 29, 2020 Kenya Finance Bill carries tax rescind waiting on Kenyatta approval  June 25, 2020 Share BtoBet refines African SMS payment options with Tola Mobile  August 20, 2020 Betting innovation studio Incentive Games (formerly Premier Punt Group) has confirmed two major announcements strengthening its industry position as the firm targets significant growth this 2019.Updating the market, Incentive Games becomes the lead development partner for leading East African bookmaker BetLion.The partnership will see Incentive Games develop a tailored ‘free-to-play’ proposition for BetLion, a brand that seeks to develop new audiences across the fast growth markets of Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.Furthermore, Incentive Games will help with the development and launch of BetLion’s new mobile app, which will initially feature a ‘single game’ fantasy football competition and correct score predictor.Peter Stagles – BetLionConfirming the strategic partnership, Peter Stagles BetLion’s Director of Operations stated “We are delighted to be partnering with Incentive Games and feel it’s a real coup to be the first to bring their slick games offering to Africa.”“It’s a great extension of our product offering and will appeal not only to sports-bettors but every adult who is passionate about football across Kenya, Uganda and beyond. It will be a tremendous opportunity to increase our brand exposure whilst also bolstering acquisition and improving retention”.Supporting 2019 initiatives, Incentive Games has confirmed the appointment of former OpenBet product development lead Michael Stephen as new Chief Technical Officer (COO).John Gordon, Incentive Games“We are delighted to be integrating with such a fast-growing sportsbook in BetLion.” said John Gordon, Incentive Games CEO,  “The focus is to drive BetLion visibility across the continent for existing customers whilst capturing a greater market share through the combined expertise of Scottish customer acquisition, retention and monetisation specialists, Incentive Games, and the marketing and domain knowledge provided by BetLion. The combination of market familiarity provided by BetLion and the customer engagement tools provided by Incentive Games look certain to make a noise in the football-crazed continent.” Submit StumbleUpon Share Related Articleslast_img read more