231 Front Street, Lahaina, HI 96761 info@givingpress.com 808.123.4567

Many Egyptian Christians feel left out of World Cup

first_imgCarpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Taal victims get help from Kalayaan town Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Cloudy skies over Luzon due to amihan LATEST STORIES The Christians’ response to their perceived exclusion from domestic soccer has been “church football” — a nationwide league of five-a-side teams that is played mostly on church grounds or rented pitches.Andrew Raafat, a physical education teacher who tried his luck in club soccer before he settled for a coaching job at a Cairo Church, says some of the better young players he works with want to play at the top level.“I cannot tell them that they will never be selected,” Raafat said. “They get selected sometimes, but they are later let go.”Not everyone agrees. Retired international midfielder Ismail Youssef, soccer director of Cairo’s Zamalek club, dismissed suggestions of discrimination.“I don’t think they are deliberately excluded, the better ones among them get to play,” Youssef said. “There is no nepotism in football.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Egyptian fans watch the group A World Cup match between Egypt and Russia on a giant screen at Al Jazera Youth Club, in Cairo, Egypt, Tuesday, June 19, 2018. (AP Photo/Amr Nabil)ST. PETERSBURG, Russia — Egypt’s first World Cup in 28 years has captivated the soccer-crazy nation, with intense focus on the squad and the broader game.The Egyptians played the first match of the tournament June 15 and held two-time World Cup winner Uruguay scoreless for 89 minutes, until conceding a late goal and losing 1-0.ADVERTISEMENT In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Bicol riders extend help to Taal evacueescenter_img When goalkeeper Ahmed Elshenawy was named man of the match against Uruguay, he refused the Budweiser-sponsored award on religious grounds.The perceived exclusion of Christians from top flight soccer and the national team is at odds with the outreach to the ancient community by Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, Egypt’s general-turned-president who led the military’s 2013 ouster of an Islamist president. El-Sissi has emphatically and repeatedly spoken about inclusion and sectarian harmony. However, his government, critics and some Christians say, has failed to shield the community from the day-to-day discrimination, particularly in rural areas with less state authority and religious tolerance.Pope Tawadros II, head of the Orthodox Coptic Christians and a close el-Sissi ally, rarely speaks publicly of discrimination, but has recently waded into the issue with uncustomary bluntness. “It’s extraordinary that all of Egypt’s football teams don’t have a single Copt who has good legs and who kicked a ball on the streets when he was little,” he said.Ahmed Hossam, a retired striker — and a Muslim who played for some of Europe’s biggest clubs — was more blunt.He claimed in a recent television interview that youth team coaches were driving Christians away.“Regrettably, there’s a lot of people in Egypt who are bigoted over color, religion and ethnicity,” Hossam, better known as Mido, said. “We must confront them and not bury our heads in the sand. Can you believe it that in the history of football in Egypt, only five Christians played at the top level?”As the only Christian on his soccer youth team, Ramon Zhery says he tried everything he could to blend in with his teammates. At the end, it was not enough. Zhery, now 28, plays for a third division club in southern Egypt. He says discrimination against his faith kept him from rising further.Speaking to The Associated Press, Zhery recounted how he tried to establish harmony with his teammates and reassure them that, though a Christian, he was just another player like them.When they huddled before kickoff to recite the Quran’s opening verse — a ritual meant to serve as a plea for divine help — he whispered a Christian prayer to himself. When at camp, he woke up before everyone and went about rousing them to perform the dawn prayers, one of five that Muslims offer daily.“Mohammed Salah is a world star and he prostrates every time he scores and everyone knows he is a Muslim,” said Zhery. MOST READ With ONE title shot within reach, Edward Kelly motivated more than ever Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding Christopher Tolkien, son of Lord of the Rings author, dies aged 95 Still, the performance — with star striker Mohamed Salah injured on the sidelines — attracted international praise and gripped the millions of people gathering in groups across Egypt to watch their team together.It was a welcome distraction for Egyptians who are struggling under harsh economic conditions. The 3-1 loss in the next match to host Russia, even with Salah back in the lineup, ended Egypt’s chances of advancing beyond the group stage. Despite the loss, the love and respect enjoyed by the team and the players remained intact.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownYet it wasn’t an entirely unifying experience.For the country’s Christians, about 10 percent of the population, the composition of the team and the way the squad was perceived highlighted what they believe is a problem with the sport in Egypt. Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Harvey Weinstein rape trial No Christian has been on the national soccer squad for more than a decade, and just one played for any of the 18 top-flight clubs last season.Egyptian coaches and officials dismiss any suggestion of discrimination, but Christians disagree. Egypt’s Christian spiritual leader has broken the church’s silence on the issue by publicly complaining about their disproportionate representation in the sport.Egypt’s all-Muslim World Cup squad is known for being pious. The team even chose make its World Cup base in Muslim Chechnya.The national squad has been nicknamed the prostrators because the players offer a Muslim prayer when they score. They regularly pray together when in camp and read the opening verse of the Quran before kickoff. Some perform the Muslim ritual wash before games. Generally, they frame competition, wins and defeats in religious terms.Hassan Shehatah, one of Egypt’s most successful coaches, said nearly a decade ago that, to him, a player’s religious piety was as important as his skills. Hassan led an all-Muslim squad to win three of Egypt’s seven African titles between 2006 and 2010.ADVERTISEMENT View commentslast_img read more

Perpetual gets ‘stern warning’ from NCAA for outside league controversy

first_imgLights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew LATEST STORIES As per reports from ABS-CBN and Spin.ph, Edgar Charcos, Kim Aurin, Kyt Jimenez, and Tonton Peralta played in the Metro Basketball Tournament in 2017 while serving their one-year residency periods with the Altas.The four players were under Las Piñas Home Defenders in the commercial league.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissREAD: Perpetual Help plays on amid NCAA eligibility controversy“The Policy Board resolves, finally, to reprimand and sternly warn the UPHS Dalta that a similar infraction in the future shall be dealt with severely under NCAA Rules,” the NCAA Board in a statement. Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. Juventus president ‘very calm’ over Ronaldo rape accusation Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Allen Durham still determined to help Meralco win 1st PBA title MOST READ Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anewcenter_img Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college The NCAA Season 94 Board gave University of Perpetual Help a “stern warning” after the school allowed its players to play in an outside league while serving their respective residency periods.ADVERTISEMENT “The Policy Board further resolves that UPHS Dalta has deviated from the best practice of NCAA member-schools in informing the league prior to joining a non-NCAA league.”College of St. Benilde was the one that filed the complaint against University of Perpetual Help.The Altas finished with an 11-7 record after the eliminations while the Blazers were at fifth with 10-8.Perpetual was in danger of forfeiting all of its victories but it got off with a warning.A similar infraction fell on San Sebastian after the NCAA Board discovered that guard RK Ilagan played in a commercial league resulting in the Stags forfeiting two if their victories in the season.ADVERTISEMENT 2 buses bound for SEA Games opening collide in Bulacan PLAY LIST 00:412 buses bound for SEA Games opening collide in Bulacan03:30PH’s Rogen Ladon boxing flyweight final (HIGHLIGHTS)03:34PH’s Carlo Paalam boxing light flyweight final (HIGHLIGHTS)02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Gov’t to employ 6,000 displaced by Taal Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View commentslast_img read more

Motorcyclist charged for causing death by dangerous driving

first_imgEight months after 70-year-old Hubert Caesar was hit and killed by a motorcycle on the Nismes Public Road, West Bank Demerara, the motorcyclist was on Friday hurled before the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts to answer to the charge.Dead: Hubert CaesarGregory Bess, 26, of Bagotville, West Bank Demerara, appeared before Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan, where he denied that on January 28, 2019, at Nismes Public Road, being the rider of motorcycle CJ 5283, caused an accident involving Hubert Caesar, where he failed to stop and render assistance.Another charge detailed that on the said day and location, he drove motorcycle CJ 5283 in a manner dangerous to the public, thereby causing the death of Hubert Caesar.According to facts presented by Police Prosecutor Gordon Mansfield, on January 28, the defendant was proceeding south along the eastern carriageway of the roadway at a fast rate when he collided with the pensioner.The court further heard that Bess, having knowledge what had happened, fled the scene without offering help to the now dead man.The now deceased was rushed to the West Demerara Regional Hospital by public-spirited citizens in an unconscious state and was pronounced dead on arrival.The Prosecutor objected to Bess being released on bail, pointing out that the defendant went into hiding after the accident in an effort to evade Police apprehension.It was disclosed that Police ranks recently managed to apprehend Bess after receiving information that he was at his reputed wife’s house.The Chief Magistrate upheld the prosecution’s submission and remanded Bess to prison. He is expected to make his next court appearance on September 5, 2019 at the Wales Magistrates’ Court.last_img read more

Review raises corruption concerns

first_imgExxonMobil contractGiven that the oil and gas sector in underdeveloped countries are generally characterised by mass corrupt practices, concerns abound that the present review of the 17-year-old contract between US oil giant ExxonMobil and Government could pave the path for Guyana to fall into this bracket.A section of the gathering at the public forum on WednesdayThe lack of transparency regarding the review is only compounding the situation since unsuspecting parties can easily be induced to sign bad agreements that could potentially result in grave repercussions.These sentiments were expressed by Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo in response to a question posed by a concerned citizen during a public forum on corruption at the Sleepin Hotel, Brickdam on Wednesday evening.Transparency International published that many countries rich in oil and gas are home to some of the world’s poorest people because too often, wealth stays in the hands of politicians and industry insiders because revenues don’t get published, payments made to governments to exploit resources remain secret, and bribery and embezzlement go unchecked.During the event, Jagdeo questioned Government’s intention given the review and urged that these reasons be made public for scrutiny.“What does a review mean: are you going to review it to give more benefits to ExxonMobil? Or are you going to review it to take more from ExxonMobil? Or are you going to review it to make the existing agreement more efficacious, effective, etc? …You have to come to the Parliament and say so people will know what you are seeking in the review,” he stated.Upon the announcement of the contract review by Natural Resources Minister Raphael Trotman, Jagdeo raised suspicions that this move could lead to corruption and claims of “selling out of national interests”.Additionally, he was concerned about the Minister’s involvement in negotiations with oil companies, pointing out that this is precisely one of the reasons why the world is pushing so hard for full implementation and adherence to the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI), so as to ensure that politicians are somewhat barred from negotiations of terms with companies, thus preventing accusations of corruption or selling out of national interests.But Finance Minister Winston Jordan had expressed that the review was natural and was in keeping with the fact that the circumstances have changed since the signing of the first agreement.However, he did not elaborate on the nature of the review.Sovereign Wealth Fund modelOn the issue of the oil and gas sector, Jagdeo said it was the PPP/C’s intention to fight for a Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF) model different to what is being used in Trinidad and Tobago.According to him, the T&T model provides many loopholes for the executive arm of Government to create conditions through fraudulent forecasting of revenue to access the resources.He explained that a model similar to Norway’s would be ideal since it outlines a multistage process of accessing resources from a SWF.“So you have to have independent verification that the conditions are met, and the conditions must be real and objective, and then you have a parliamentary oversight. If we have such a model, oil can benefit the country in a way that doesn’t destroy the other sectors like in many other countries,” he explained.last_img read more

No ‘special favours’ to be granted to foreign companies – Dr Bynoe

first_imgOil and gas sectorGovernment has promised that no foreign company that plans to come to Guyana to operate in the local oil and gas sector will be granted any special privilege or favour.A section of the gathering at the receptionThis commitment was made by Head of the Department of Energy in the Ministry of the Presidency, Dr Mark Bynoe, who addressed a delegation of Canadian businesses visiting Guyana.At a special reception hosted at the Canadian High Commissioner’s residence on Monday, Dr Bynoe noted that the Energy Department will continue to honour its obligations, “but it will be firm and consistent with application of the requisite laws”.He asserted that there would be no predictable guarantees for anyone or any business, or any special favours, but rather its aim was to create a level playing field for all.“And allow the Private Sector to take appropriate risk to garner acceptable rates of returns,” the Energy Department Head said while making reference to the need for predictability.Energy Department Head, Dr Mark BynoeDr Bynoe noted that the Department would not be rushing to take advice from experts unless there was sufficient evidence to prove the practicability of that advice.“The Department is mindful that it will be receiving advice from many experts. It will not, however, be encouraging Government or even the Private Sector to pursue such advice even if they may be well-intentioned. Our decisions will be based on evidence-based facts,” Dr Bynoe said to guests at the event.He said that the oil and gas sector was focused on efficiency, transparency, predictability, balance and evidence-based decision-making. Dr Bynoe also indicated that Government was interested in joint ventures to exploit mid- and downstream opportunities while raising local business standards.Meanwhile, Business Minister Dominic Gaskin claimed that Government was not corrupt nor was the Private Sector and the population was not docile with ordinary people not benefiting from the oil.“I can assure you that situation does not exist in Guyana, and I believe it is important that I assure you of that, especially our guests who are visiting here. We don’t want foreign companies to come to Guyana believing that this is a free-for-all and that our entire country can be bought.”In recent times, there have been concerns, particularly by the Private Sector about whether foreign countries and companies would be allowed to dominate the sector.The Georgetown Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) had expressed worry over the Energy Agreement that the Government signed with Trinidad and Tobago.But both President David Granger and T&T Prime Minister, Dr Keith Rowley assured that there was no ‘takeover or sell-out’ of any sector by either side, but rather a sharing of information and ideas in the sector.Guyana on Monday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Canada’s Newfoundland and Labrador Province. The agreement was inked between Newfoundland and Labrador Natural Resources Minister Siobhan Coady and Minister Gaskin at the Ministry of the Presidency.The MoU provides for the two parties to facilitate economic cooperation and business opportunities in both countries. The agreement will be done by way of reciprocal visits to both jurisdictions by industry and Government representatives.The agreement also speaks of establishing a Joint Working Committee that will be responsible for developing and coordinating an annual work plan, which will come into being within 30 days of the agreement being signed. Annual review meetings will alternate between the two.MoUs were signed between two local and Canadian companies to commence partnership.last_img read more

America fattens on snake oil

first_imgI like to think of myself as someone who acknowledges trends but is not ruled by them. For example, I know the 1980s are back in fashion, but I didn’t tease my bangs the first time around, so it’s even less likely to happen now. And yes, pegged pants make your (and my) butt look big. Speaking of which, if you’re reading this and are American, there is a greater than 65percent chance that your butt is actually big. The obesity epidemic is saturated with duplicity. Fat people lie about how much they eat; diet gurus fudge the facts about how much people can actually lose; and food makers spin and bend the truth about their products. All the while Americans have themselves become the elephants in their own living rooms: “I’m not supposed to deny myself.” “Lose 10 pounds in a week!” “Eat all you want and lose weight.” “I’m big-boned.” “Healthy menu options.” “Low-Carb.” “Low-Fat.” “Burn more calories.” “All-Natural.” “Healthy.” “I don’t eat that much.” “All the stars in Hollywood are doing it.” This health crisis is lies agreed upon. As much as I would like to blame the food industry for its sexy commercials about cuisine that one should rarely if never eat, the “forbidden fruit” that has never seen a tree, it’s not all industry’s fault. As much as I would like to blame the individuals for being junkie hedonists hell-bent on feel-good food consumed with reckless abandonment, it’s not all their fault. As much as I would like to paint all those diet-hysteria gurus as snake-oil salesmen cult leaders preaching the tenets of grapefruit this week and Grape Nuts the next, it’s not all their fault, either. It’s all of their faults. A case in point is the recent call to phase out trans-fat usage in Los Angeles restaurants. It sounds like a radical change. Anything that requires a decal must be accomplishing something! And it sounds good enough: “All food will be fried without using trans fats!” Uh, yeah, but all your food will still be, well – fried. Remember, Kraft took the trans fat out of Oreos in 2003. It didn’t magically make them into carrot sticks. They’re still a high-calorie, high-sugar sandwich cookie. They’re still Oreos. So we are still in this haze of misnomers, denial and omissions. We’re still fat. The battle against trans fat is like a trendy diet calling for little sacrifice and yielding little results. It’s like plucking your eyebrows in hopes that you won’t need to get your teeth straightened. Will it make people consume less trans fat? Sure. Will it make people less fat? I won’t hold my breath (unless that’s the next miracle in weight loss – then I may consider it). Not that I like the idea of the government, local or national, banning things. But a real radical change in the general public’s waistline would be a ban on high-fructose corn syrup. Since its introduction into the American food supply in 1980, we have gotten fatter and fatter. HFCS is called “natural” because it presumably started out as corn. The same argument can be made for heroin: “It can’t be bad for you; it’s just poppies. Think of this smack as a lump of concentrated flowers.” Nutritionists generally agree that the HFCS is bad news for weight control. Take that out of Oreos, and then I’ll be impressed. In this sea of dishonesty, I tend to believe the least popular answer has a higher probability of truth. The truth: Being thin is hard work. On a daily basis, you have to burn more than you consume. When there’s a choice, it’s more engaging to do less and eat more. The truth: The food industry is successful if consumers are consuming, and it’s been very successful. Making products you want to eat more of is just a good business model. The truth: Reasonable and sound advice about eating doesn’t start the newest diet hysteria, and that doesn’t sell any snake oil. And the truth is also this: People don’t want to hear sound advice. We’ve been told it. We just don’t listen. We want to hear that if you hold your breath, you’ll burn twice as many calories than if you breathe normally. It’s the latest trend in weight loss … all the stars are doing it. Tina Dupuy is a stand-up comic and a writer living in Los Angeles. She’s the author of the blog www.sardonicsideshow.com. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more

Students appeal exam ruling

first_imgAttorneys for the state, who took Freedman’s ruling to the high court, did not immediately respond to the petition. Department of Education officials said they intended to file briefs in the next few weeks. On May 12, Freedman suspended the graduation requirement for the Class of 2006, saying California was ill-equipped “to adequately prepare students to take the exam,” especially in poor, underfunded areas of the state.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORE11 theater productions to see in Southern California this week, Dec. 27-Jan. 2This year’s senior class is the first required to pass the exit exam to graduate. Lawyers for the students volunteered to submit their briefings as early as today to the Fourth Division of the California Court of Appeals. The high court did not disagree with Alameda County Superior Court Judge Robert Freedman’s conclusion that the students may have had an unequal education, attorney Arturo Gonzalez said. The justices merely said that Freedman’s remedy – suspending the exit exam – was wrong. The court did not suggest an alternative, but asked the appeals court to work quickly. “Let’s let them graduate while we work out the legal issues,” Gonzalez said. SACRAMENTO – Students who sued the state for discrimination after failing the high school exit exam asked a state appeals court Thursday to immediately hear their claim that the requirement should be suspended so they can graduate this year. The state Supreme Court reinstated the test Wednesday for the Class of 2006, but left it up to the lower appeals court to decide on the merits of their claim that they should earn their diplomas despite failing the test. The plaintiffs, who are still learning to speak English, argued that the exam is discriminatory because all California students do not have equal preparation or instruction. The high court ordered a state appeals court to hold hearings in the case, which affects about 47,000 students who did not pass the English and math portions by March. last_img read more

Man accused of threats to kill after claims his dog bit man

first_imgA Malin Head man has been accused of threatening to kill a person and assault causing harm after it was alleged that his dog bit someone last year.John Gallagher, 49, of Ballyhillion, Malin Head, was charged with two counts of making threats to kill and assault causing harm at Ballyhillion, Malin Head, on April 5, last year. He appeared before Carn District Court last Tuesday where his defence solicitor Pat McMyler applied for legal aid.Garda Inspector David Murphy said it was alleged that the injuries were sustained as a result of a dog bite.He said the injured party received a dog bite to the leg and received medical attention at the local NowDoc centre in Carndonagh.Insp. Murphy said they were awaiting medical reports, but added that the Director of Public Prosecutions had directed summary disposal, meaning the case would go ahead at the District Court.Judge Paul Kelly granted legal aid and ordered that the statements be sent to Mr. McMyler.The case has been adjourned until December 20.Man accused of threats to kill after claims his dog bit man was last modified: November 24th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:biteclaimsDOGInspector David MurphyMalin Headthreatslast_img read more

Stats experts reveal the expected results in every Champions League game this week

first_img Liverpool set for Champions League boost as Takumi Minamino will be available 3 The European Cup is the greatest prize in club football Elsewhere, Premier League clubs Spurs, Manchester City and Manchester United clash with Inter, Lyon and Young Boys respectively as they look their get their European campaigns off to the perfect start.Champions League commentaries LIVE on talkSPORTTuesday, September 18: Internazionale vs Tottenham, kick-off 17:55 – CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO INTER VS SPURSWednesday, September 19: Young Boys vs Manchester United, kick-off 20:00 – CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO YOUNG BOYS VS MAN UNITEDTrying to predict who will win the Champions League is an impossibly hard task – almost as hard as predicting who will come away from their group matches with a victory.Everyone has their own different ways of attempting to forecast the result and statistics are more often being used.One such producer of these is FiveThirtyEight, but what outcomes do they think will happen in the opening matchday of the 2018/19 Champions League? Find out below…Internazionale vs Tottenham HotspurInter win – 40 per cent chance of happeningSpurs win – 34 per cent chance of happeningDraw – 26 per cent chance of happeningLiverpool vs Paris Saint-GermainLiverpool win – 52 per cent chance of happeningPSG win 24 per cent chance of happeningDraw – 23 per cent chance of happening Aiming high Schalke vs PortoSchalke win – 42 per cent chance of happeningPorto win – 32 per cent chance of happeningDraw – 26 per cent chance of happeningCrvena Zvezda vs NapoliCrvena Zvezda win – 26 per cent chance of happeningNapoli win – 49 per cent chance of happeningDraw – 26 per cent chance of happeningManchester City vs LyonMan City win – 73 per cent chance of happeningLyon win – nine per cent chance of happeningDraw 18 per cent chance of happeningYoung Boys vs Manchester UnitedYoung Boys win – 40 per cent chance of happeningMan United win – 36 per cent chance of happeningDraw – 23 per cent chance of happeningViktoria Plzen vs CSKA MoscowPlzen win – 29 per cent chance of happeningCSKA win – 43 per cent chance of happeningDraw – 28 per cent chance of happeningClub Brugge vs Borussia DortmundClub Brugge win – 39 per cent chance of happeningDortmund win – 38 per cent chance of happeningDraw – 24 per cent chance of happening ready? Latest Champions League news Ancelotti tells fans he has Champions League dream for Everton 3 Monaco vs Atletico MadridMonaco win – 26 per cent chance of happeningAtletico win – 47 per cent chance of happeningDraw – 27 per cent chance of happeningShakhtar Donetsk vs HoffenheimShakhtar win – 54 per cent chance of happeningHoffenheim win – 23 per cent chance of happeningDraw – 23 per cent chance of happeningValencia vs JuventusValencia win – 35 per cent chance of happeningJuventus win – 39 per cent chance of happeningDraw – 26 per cent chance of happeningBarcelona vs PSV EindhovenBarcelona win – 72 per cent chance of happeningPSV win – 13 per cent chance of happeningDraw – 15 per cent chance of happeningcenter_img BOOST Lucien Favre takes charge of his first Champions League match as Dortmund manager The Champions League returns this evening as Europe’s elite face off as they bid to be named the best team on the continent.There are some brilliant fixtures scheduled for matchday one, including last year’s beaten finalists Liverpool taking on Paris Saint-Germain in what promises to be a feast of attacking football, and Red Star Belgrade hosting Napoli upon their return to Europe’s premier club competition. on target Atletico handed huge boost for Liverpool tie with Diego Costa returning from injury Liverpool have heavy favourites to win the biggest game of matchday one Top scorer in 2019: Messi, Mbappe and Sterling trailing Europe’s top marksman 3 Galatasaray vs Lokomotiv MoscowGalatasaray win – 60 per cent chance of happeningLokomotiv win – 15 per cent chance of happeningDraw – 25 per cent chance of happeningAjax vs AEK AthensAjax win – 56 per cent chance of happeningAEK win – 18 per cent chance of happeningDraw – 26 per cent chance of happeningReal Madrid vs RomaReal Madrid win – 71 per cent chance of happeningRoma win – 12 per cent chance of happeningDraw – 17 per cent chance of happeningBenfica vs Bayern MunichBenfica win – 26 per cent chance of happeningBayern win – 48 per cent chance of happeningDraw – 25 per cent chance of happeninglast_img read more

FUFA General Assembly: Magogo lauds personalities that have contributed to football development

first_img Tags: FUFA General AssemblyMoses Magogotop Magogo hands James Zatuzaho a plaque at the General Assembly on SaturdayThe Federation of Uganda Football Association have on Saturday held the 94th FUFA General Assembly in Kabale District.A total of 83 delegates representing the various regions in the whole county attended the Assembly.The FUFA president Engineer Moses Magogo applauded different outstanding football personities who have led to the development of football in the latter days.One of the awarded personalities is the late Patrick Kawoya who is the most successful Villa president, won 8 league titles and also took villa to two successful continental champions which is a record for Uganda clubs.The president went ahead and awarded former cranes player James Zatuzaho who played for the national team between 1959-1967.During his speech he thanked His Excellency the President of Uganda Yoweri Kaguuta Museveni who has played a vital role in helping the national team by providing necessary support towards its engagements.Magogo further high lighted areas greatly improved especially in the human resource which has helped the federation in its professionalism of the game in the country.Further more he recognized the ex internationals who were present at the Assembly include Hassan Mubiru , Paul Mukatabara, Sadiq Wasswa among others.Comments last_img read more