231 Front Street, Lahaina, HI 96761 info@givingpress.com 808.123.4567

Tag: 高端意境私人会所名字

Man United set to extend Ivorian star’s contract

first_img Loading… The Ivory Coast international’s deal was due to expire in the summer but according to ESPN, United have exercised a clause to extend it. Bailly has not featured for United this season after sustaining a serious knee injury in pre-season but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has admitted he could be involved in the squad for Sunday’s trip to champions-elect Liverpool after playing over an hour for the U23s last week.‘He’s very close, he might be back for the weekend,’ Solskjaer said. ‘We’ve got a game arranged today with the reserves, so he’ll play that one.‘Hopefully he’ll get 90 minutes, because he didn’t feel any after-effects from the game on Friday so he might be ready for Liverpool.’ Promoted ContentThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Portuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The WorldWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeWhy Do Americans Consider Him To Be The Best President?7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The Worldcenter_img Manchester United have reportedly triggered a two-year contract option to tie down defender Eric Bailly until 2022.Advertisement Read Also: Man United defender agrees Inter Milan switchDespite the defender’s struggles with fitness, Solskjaer views Bailly as an important part of his squad.Bailly has made just 74 appearances for United since joining in a £30million deal from Villarreal in 2016.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more

MLB to delay the season at least two weeks because of coronavirus

first_imgTEMPE, Ariz. — Major League Baseball announced Thursday that it is suspending operations – canceling all spring training games and delaying the start of the regular season by at least two weeks – because of the COVID-19 virus.MLB officials will continue to monitor the situation and provide more information on when the season may begin, and what teams should do in the meantime, the statement said.The regular season had been scheduled to begin March 26, but now it will be pushed back until at least April 9. In the meantime, teams are in the process of determining what to do, whether to remain together for workouts or have players disperse.All major league camps will reportedly be closed until at least Sunday, in some cases for cleaning and in other cases closed to the media while the teams conduct meetings to determine the next steps. “I think (suspending operations) is responsible in light of all that is obviously going on,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said. “Obviously we are excited about getting this season going and guys preparing, but for the players, Major League Baseball, to understand the gravity of this, and a lot of this is about the unknown. So I think we are doing the right thing right now.”Across the majors, the response was similar.“It’s unfortunate but I think it’s the proper measure we need to take now given the situation the country’s in and the world’s in,” New York Yankees slugger Giancarlo Stanton told reporters. “It’s important to know that some things are bigger than baseball, bigger than sports.”Tony Clark, head of the MLB Players’ Association, released a statement supporting the decision: “Players are of course disappointed they won’t be able to compete on the field. At the same time, they recognize the importance of public health and safety.”As government officials, at the urging of medical experts, advised against large gatherings, there was initially a wave of sporting events set to continue in empty arenas or stadiums. Those plans changed quickly, most notably after the NBA suddenly suspended its season once news broke Wednesday night that Rudy Gobert of the Utah Jazz had contracted COVID-19.Washington Nationals pitcher Max Scherzer said the virus is likely to affect baseball, too.“I think we’d be kind of naive to think that there’s not one player in any one of the camps across MLB right now that has not contracted it yet,” Scherzer told reporters in Florida.Since NBA’s decision, the NHL and MLS suspended their seasons, and numerous college basketball conference tournaments were canceled, leaving MLB to follow suit. Hours later, the NCAA canceled its men’s and women’s basketball tournament and all winter and spring championships.Even before word of the suspension, San Francisco Giants outfielder Hunter Pence told The Athletic that it was right for the sport to step aside.“When things are out of our control, you just follow orders,” he said. “Let’s do this the right way so we protect loved ones. It’s not like, ‘Oh you know, let’s risk something horrible or someone losing a loved one so we can play baseball and have a full stadium.’ I think you need to have a little perspective here. Whatever we’ve got to do, let’s do it and support it and be strong together as a country and as a world.”The news came just before exhibition games in Arizona were scheduled to begin – and many had already been rained out – but in Florida, there were six games that went on despite the looming announcement.“It felt like the most meaningless game in the history of the sport,” St. Louis Cardinals infielder Matt Carpenter told the New York Times after he had played in a game against the Miami Marlins.The MLB season started late in 1995, following the settlement of the players’ strike just before the scheduled opening day. That season started April 26 and the teams played 145 games, instead of 162.“MLB and the Clubs have been preparing a variety of contingency plans regarding the 2020 regular season schedule,” the release said. “MLB will announce the effects on the schedule at an appropriate time and will remain flexible as events warrant, with the hope of resuming normal operations as soon as possible.“Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our players, employees and fans. MLB will continue to undertake the precautions and best practices recommended by public health experts. We send our best wishes to all individuals and communities that have been impacted by coronavirus.”The World Baseball Classic qualifying games, scheduled for later this month in Tucson, were also canceled.Minor League Baseball also announced its leagues would have the start to their seasons delayed indefinitely. There are 120 full-season minor league clubs across the country that had been scheduled to begin play in early April.center_img Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img read more